Make the Microsoft Intune Company Portal yours, or better your companies. Discover the latest customization options that empower organizations to create a personalized and seamless user experience. Explore the world of Company Portal app and website customization in this comprehensive post.
Table of Contents
- Company Portal Customization Options
- Branding Customization Options
- End-User Experience - Company Portal
Company Portal Customization Options
Unlocking the Power of Customization
When it comes to Microsoft Intune Company Portal, customization is the key to creating a user experience that reflects your organization's identity. The ability to tailor the Company Portal app and website to your unique branding and support requirements has never been more accessible, thanks to recent enhancements in customization options.
Accessing Customization Settings
Before diving into the world of customization, it's essential to know how to access the settings that allow you to shape the Company Portal's look and functionality. Follow these steps to get started:
- Open the Microsoft Intune Admin Center
- Navigate to Tenant Administration > Customization
- Here, you have two choices. You can either edit the Default Policy to have access to all available settings, as we'll explore in detail below, or create a new custom policy, which opens up the Create Customization Policy Wizard. The latter option is useful if you want to keep certain features hidden.
Three Categories of Customization
Your customization journey is divided into three distinct categories, each catering to different aspects of your Company Portal:
- Branding: This category allows you to define how your organization is presented within the Company Portal app and website. From your organization's name to the color scheme, logo, and header display, you have full control over how your brand is showcased.
- Support Information: Here, you can configure the support-related information that users will encounter on the Company Portal app and website. This includes contact details, website information, and additional support-related messages.
- Configuration: The most comprehensive of the categories, Configuration Customization, offers multiple customization options. It affects the behavior and options available to users. This category is further divided into five sections, each catering to specific customization needs.
Now, let's delve deeper into these categories to uncover the full spectrum of customization possibilities and how they can help you create a personalized Company Portal experience for your organization.
Branding Customization Options
Explore the Branding customization options and how they allow you to create a distinct identity for your organization.
Key Branding Features
- Organization Name: Personalize your organization's name within the Company Portal.
- Color: Choose from a range of standard and custom colors.
- Theme Color: Customize the theme color to match your brand.
- Show in Header: Define the display of your organization's logo and name.
- Logo: Add your own custom logo to the Company Portal (a version for your color and one for white background).
- Brand Image: A header image that appears in these locations:
- iOS/iPadOS Company Portal: Background image on the user's profile page.
- Windows Company Portal: Background image on the user's profile page.
- Company Portal website: Background image on the user's profile page.
- Android Intune app: In the drawer and as a background image on the user's profile page.
Support Information Customization
- Contact Name: Specify the support contact's name.
- Phone Number: Provide a contact number for support.
- Email Address: Configure the support email address.
- Website Name: Customize the friendly name of your support website.
- Website URL: Add the URL to your support website.
- Additional Information: Offer extra support-related details to users.
- Enrollment: Customize the enrollment experience for users.
- Privacy: Configure privacy statements and messages.
- Device Ownership Notification: Control push notifications for device ownership changes.
- App Sources: Choose which app sources to display.
- Hide Features: Configure self-service actions on devices.
The Enrollment Section empowers administrators to customize the way they prompt users to enroll their devices through the Company Portal app. It offers three distinct options:
- Device Enrollment: Here, you specify if and how users should be prompted to enroll their iOS/iPadOS and Android devices. Choose from "Available, with prompts" to actively prompt users to enroll, "Available, no prompts" for an option to enroll without active prompts, or "Unavailable" to restrict device enrollment entirely. This section ensures you have granular control over the enrollment process.
- Privacy Message in Company Portal for iOS/iPadOS: Tailor the privacy message shown to users on iOS/iPadOS devices within the Company Portal app. You can choose to use the default message or craft a custom one with a limit of 520 characters. This customization fosters transparency and informs users about what data your organization can and cannot access on their devices.
- Send a Push Notification to Users when Their Device Ownership Type Changes from Personal to Corporate (Android and iOS/iPadOS only): Choose between "Yes" or "No" to determine whether a push notification should be dispatched to the Company Portal app on Android and iOS/iPadOS devices when the device's ownership changes. This notification keeps users informed about significant changes to their device management status.
You can allow or block the device category prompt in Intune Company Portal.
The display of apps from the Configuration Manager Applications app source is exclusively visible in the Windows Company Portal. In contrast, apps sourced from either the Azure AD Enterprise Applications or the Office Online Applications are accessible in both the Windows Company Portal and the Company Portal website.
The default for all Apps (including if there are coming new categories is "Hide".
These actions serve to limit device functions within the Company Portal app and website and do not enforce any device restriction policies. To prevent users from executing actions like factory resets or MDM removal from settings, you'll need to establish specific device restriction policies.
Furthermore, please note that these customizations are exclusively accessible within the default Customization policy and are not applicable to Customization policies targeted at specific groups.
Here are the available actions:
- Hide Remove button on corporate Windows devices. (This setting will always show as disabled because the Remove button for corporate Windows devices is always hidden.)
- Hide Reset button on corporate Windows devices.
- Hide Remove button on corporate iOS/iPadOS devices.
- Hide Reset button on corporate iOS/iPadOS devices.
End-User Experience - Company Portal
Your journey through the customization possibilities of the Microsoft Intune Company Portal has led to this exciting point – the end-user experience. After carefully crafting your brand, configuring support information, and tailoring the portal's functionality, it's time to see how all these elements combine to create a seamless, user-friendly environment for your audience.
Branding Theme Color: The chosen theme color radiates across the Company Portal app and website, giving users a consistent and visually pleasing backdrop to their interactions. This color, reflecting your brand identity, creates a sense of continuity and familiarity.
Branding Header Display: The header of the Company Portal plays a pivotal role in conveying your brand. Whether you've chosen to display your organization's logo and name, just the logo, or only the organization name, this choice reinforces your brand's visual presence.
Configuration of App Sources: Users will notice the availability of apps, including Office online apps, as you've configured in the portal. This ensures that the software and resources they need are easily accessible, streamlining their work processes.
Configuration of Hide Features: By configuring the self-service actions on devices, you can tailor the Company Portal's functionality to align with your organization's policies and security needs. Whether it's hiding the remove button on corporate Windows devices or configuring actions on iOS/iPadOS devices, you have control over these crucial aspects of user interaction.
Company Portal Website
On the web, as you can see the customizations in the header and footer everywhere and on the user's profile page as a background image.
The web version can be accesses via: https://portal.manage.microsoft.com/
Company Portal App (Windows)
In the Windows app version of the Company Portal, you can see the logo in the header.
Achieve a personalized and seamless user experience with Microsoft Intune Company Portal customization. Explore branding, support information, and configuration options to create a unique look and feel that represents your organization.